Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Crafter's ADD


Lately I've been all over the place with my projects. This week I made a pillow for a cat basket, as well as starting (but of course not finishing) a train for my nephew, three dolls and a pink cat. When I am crafting everything else seems to fall by the wayside. Dishes pile up, clothing covers my floor, and craft materials seem to take over my tiny apartment. There just aren't enough hours in the day to do it all! While immersed in a project I'm lucky if I remember to make dinner. On more than one occasion I've looked up from my creation and decided it's far past when I should have been in bed, only to realize once I'm there that I haven't eaten since lunch. And then when I do cook, it's minimal.

I love to cook, but not when I'm creating. I can't focus on cooking a nice meal when all I can think about is what colour that doll's eyes should be, how can I get the dress to work out with no real pattern, how should I decorate that train. This week I have existed on chocolate chips, tostitos, sandwiches, and perogies. Thank God they feed me well at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment